Friday, January 15, 2010

IMU Iterview

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Check my previous post, my determination to become a doctor seem vry vry keen, but i did change it after i got some information from various media
Medicine---Pharmacy---Dentistry---Pharmacy and finally return to Medicine
I have submitted my Application on 30th of December 2009, Early in the morning of 31st of December, IMU staff phoned me and said that my interview is scheduled on 5pm that day, = =
I was shocked, how to prepare for an interview in just few hrs time? I dont have a shoe, a necktie and a leather shoe!(they wan formal attire) And so i refused them because there was a lunch that day for my grandmother's birthday. And so my interview was reschedule to 14th of January 2010

I have searched the title "IMU Interview" with google and i found many blogs with this title, I believe that people mostly write their blog very sincerely and so i believe in them too! I did some practise with the question they met with.

14th January 2010
2.05pm I was arrived at IMU Admission Office, the sky is dark though...

2.30pm i was brought to another office at the second floor, there are a few candidates there, one of a girl come with her parents and from their expression on their eyes, i can feel some unpleasant from them, Are they despising me?hmm.. if we were in the same class i will not give her any change to despise me! ****

about 2.45pm One of the interviewer from room 3 came out( i'm holding a room 3 tag) "Ong XX!", no one heed her, then it's my turn...

Start with some common question
*Tell us more about myself
*Why IMU and medicine
*As you said that you are single parents, can u afford the fees here?
*Why dont u choose pharmacy, dentistry? or engineering
*Did you do any Extra-curricular activities in school?
*Did you join any social activities in school? ( I lied in this question)
*Did you join the sports competition in School?
*Are you a good team player? ( This one is a same question in my Ielts Exam, i lied in IELTS but not here, i should lie XD)

And Finally their Famous Case Study session,

"You are a doctor and you have help me patient to recover from an illness, the patients' family offer u a trip to oversea and they will pay for all the fees, Will you accept it? Why?"

Ben: I would not accept it, healing patient from an illness is a doctor's job and responsibility, and they have paid me for consultant fees though, it is already enough

Indian Interview: Oh, so you will refuse it right? What if they give u a hamper instead of the trip?

Ben: Then i can accept it

Indian Interviewer: OH cheap cheap 1 you accept it lah... What if i give u a watch, Rolex, branded 1

Ben: The i would not accept it = =

Indian Interviewer: But the Rolex I can get from Chow kit or Petaling Street! RM 50 should get a very nice 1 already!

The interviewers are laughing now = =

Indian Interview: You know, we doctors may come along with some problem like this, it is related to some ethical issue, if u accept it, it is not really good you know?

Chinese Interviewer: What about a thank-you card? ( Oh shit! not again!)

Ben: I will Refuse it!

Interviewers: Really?

Ben: Just refuse it!

Interviewers: OK...

= =

Interviewer indian : Cheah, accepting a Thank You card will not harm you much, just accept it!

they laugh again...
Oh man = = what should i do

Fianlly the interview comes to an end!
I shook their hand and say Thank you before leaving the room, Hao Che is outside, wish him luck and i leave the office, and go home~

1 comment:

conie said...

hahahaa..so funny lah..
eh..u have to take MUET again d ma?