Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Road to UTAR MBBS

2 weeks before CNY
when i was at hometown, my mum phoned me and told me about UTAR is going to provide MBBS this year, the intake will be at May, but actually weeks ago i went for an interview at IMU and i though that i would end up there, but never mind, since she was so happy i immediately proceed with the application,

few days before CNY
I have received a call from IMU, I am offered a place for their Local Programme MBBS, but at the meantime i had applied for UTAR and i decided to go to UTAR. It end up with the rejection of the offer...

After CNY
I have received a letter from UTAR that my application was processing

During CNY
Many of my friends, cousins and even teacher asked me not to choose UTAR, but i have rejected IMU, what to do?! Actually that time I choose UTAR to decrease my mother's burden, honestly, i do not show much love on this school, no experience, no good facilities, no.... = = I don't know... Things i do for love!

2xth of March
I have received a letter of invitation to the interview of UTAR for the admission of the course, and for sure, i prepared for it, but not as serious as IMU's. I think that IMU would accept me, Why not UTAR? very arrogant right? haha

2nd of April
I woke up at 9am, have my breakfast, dressed formally( and leng zai-ly) and drive to Sg Long campus. I'm scheduled to 11am, but when i was there, there are no any other candidates, the notice said that the interview starts at 10am, the executive there saw me and ask me to sit down in a conference room. I though she ask me to wait there but surprisingly she brought me 2 pieces of paper, an empty A4 paper and a question paper and ask me to write one of the seven topic in 10 minutes! I was stunned and nervous! what to do! I didn't prepare for this part, i took 3 minutes to calm down and start writing it. I wrote about H1N1, when i was writing the 3rd paragraph , she stopped me and led me to another room. There was a man and a woman, they didnt introduce themselves like IMU's interviewer, and they immediately started with some definitely same question as IMU, i have forgot the questions, but this interview is much more strict than IMU one. Nevertheless i have done it. I didn't ask them some questions before it ends and i think it has made me lost some good impression for them...


Days later,
I was very regret that why i would ask them some question, any question... I was scared... I have the feeling that i would not be accepted by UTAR...IF it does happen, i would need to gamble again in IMU! My Mother just ask me to calm and calm...

Days Ago,
i asked my mum to call UTAR, they said they will send out the offer after 14th of April, so... what i can do is just wait and wait

Just Now
Actually i wanted to sleep already, before i sleep i went UTAR website to check my application status and surprisingly I AM OFFERED!




ok... Why would i choose UTAR,
i have thought clearly... RM100000 can do many things
no1 knows what will happen in 5 years time, got more money in our bank is better
Seriously, I HATE TAIWAN
Moreover, days ago i have checked the Page of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, they introduced every lecturers they have, and i found that 4 out of 5 are formal IMU lectures, everyone knows tat IMU was a very very good Medical Institute in M'sia last few years, but their lectures left 1 by 1... and they end up teaching in UTAR! i believe the no experience problem has been overcame

Prepare myself! 5 years to go!
you can call me Dr. Ben at 2015!

9 comments:

Ying said...

yess go! jiayou ben :D

Unknown said...

wow...IMU de lecturer kena "giu" to UTAR jor...haha
good la...gratz u oso

Dr.Ben not nice leh....
call Dr.Benny la

Ying said...

haha zadaooo
ok la
Dr Benny :D
nx time got anything then consult to u for FREE
yess!

4everskyline said...

hey doctor ben,wan to come my private hospotal to work?i will have be a billionair that time...haha...

Ray said...

lol..
Add oil Dr Ben!!

Unknown said...

congraz =)

Unknown said...

Hi Dr Ben! can i ask you some information about the interview?? do you remember what kind of question they asked you?

Anonymous said...

Ben?Is UTAR's MBBS course good or bad?in bad which I mean not as good as other university's.because other of my relatives recommended other university such as IMU,Monarsh AIMST.SO I HOPE YOU CAN REPLY ME ASAP BECAUSE I NEED TO APPLY FOR THE INTAKE

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Ben, I am Ivan, I have some question here about UTAR's MBBS , which i hope you can help me to get the answer. Because I am considering study MBBS in UTAR.

1) I heard that UTAR do not provide cadavers for student learning during clinical
practice, is that true ? Will this affect much after graduate and working as a doctor ?
2) In your opinion, is MBBS in UTAR really good, in term of lecturers, teaching materials,
facilities and so on?
3) Do MBBS student graduate from UTAR certainly get government housemanship ?

I hope that you can help me to get the answer. Thank you